An Introduction via Cosplay Tag

by - Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Hi everyone!

As this is my first official post on this blog, I decided to start off with an introduction - but one with a twist! I got some questions from a Cosplay Tag originally meant for YouTube and I'm gonna use them to talk about my cosplay "career." Let's begin shall we?


1. What got you into cosplay?

I can't remember who or what exactly got me into cosplay, but in 2012 I started getting into the Doctor Who fandom and as I was looking for stuff related to the show, I found pictures of people dressing up in costumes and I thought that was so cool! As a kid, I never really liked wearing Halloween costumes because they were so itchy but once I realized that you could make your own, I decided that it was worth a shot! I also found it as a good way to learn some new skills.

2. How long have you been cosplaying?


Technically since 2012, but I didn't make my own costume or go to a convention until 2013.

3. How many cosplays have you done?


It's hard to say! I think it's been about 8?

4. How do you get your costumes?


So I try to make whatever I can for my costumes, especially if I can't find it or it's waaay to expensive for me to buy already-made. However, because I'm still learning how to sew, anything that I can find ready-made I will buy and then alter (i.e. pants, jackets). I'll alter the garment by adding on it, tailoring it to my body, dyeing it, weathering it, etc. I've decided to try to use already-made garments/items found from thrift stores so I can give new life to used/old objects.

5. What was your first cosplay?


My first cosplay was the 11th Doctor from Doctor Who!

6. What is your favorite cosplay?





As of now (July 2017) my favorite cosplay is Belle in her blue village dress. It's super comfortable to wear and I always get a good response from people, especially children, when I wear her at conventions. As a Disney fan, I love being a princess and embracing my Disney love outside of the Disney parks. 

7. What is your favorite thing about cosplay?


I love being about to put on a costume after all the work that went into it and being like "Look at this thing! I made this thing!" As an artist, I'm always trying to find ways to create and cosplay is a great outlet for me to do so. I also love being recognized as a character and finding other people in that fandom as well through my costume.

8. Do you have any cosplay pet peeves?

When my sewing machine refuses work, when convention prices are ridiculously high, when people in groups bail out the last minute, when people lie about the origins of their costumes.... ha ha ha... so many.... *cringes*

9. What's your most recent cosplay?


My most recent cosplay is Princess Leia's Senatorial gown from Star Wars: A New Hope! This one has been very special to me as Leia was one of the reasons why I wanted to get into Star Wars in the first place and that I love Carrie Fisher so so much I need a whole other blog post just to explain why. I also really hope to join the Rebel Legion costuming guild with her!


I'll put a real photo of my actual costume once I take some! I promise
So there you have it! An intro into my past as a cosplayer. Truthfully, I don't expect this to be a very interesting read but at least you have a bit of a background on me. Yay!

Thanks for reading ♥

You May Also Like

0 comments